Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Keep your Heart

 At the start of the year I wanted my oldest son to read Proverbs, it didn't take too long to notice he may have been reading but his understanding was limited. I thought about how deep and full of wisdom just one verse can be. I decided it would be beneficial for all of us to go through Proverbs very slowly for our daily Bible study. We started about a month ago and just finished chapter 4 today.

Keep your heart with all dilligence, for out of it spring the issues of life. 4:23

This was the first verse we read today, I asked the kids if they could guess what it meant. I got some shrugging shoulders and not much more. So I broke up the verse even more, Keep your heart, how can we keep our hearts? by protecting them? I talked a little and for some reason the little kid song, Be careful,(that I dont think I've ever sang to them) came to mind.

Be careful little eyes what you see,....
be careful little mouth waht you say,....
be careful little feet where you go,....
be careful little hands what you do,
for the father up above is looking down in love,
so be careful little eyes, hands, feet.... ect.ect. 

So we broke out in song, which they all liked and I asked again I could see the light going on, and my oldest explained back to me her understanding.
The most exiting part came next.

We went to the next verse:

Put away from you a deceitful mouth, and put perverse lips far from you.
(Be careful little mouth what you say.)

the next:
Let your eyes look straight ahead, and your eyelids look right before you.
(Be careful little eyes what you see.)

vs 26:
Ponder the path of your feet, and let all your ways be established.
(Be careful little feet where you go.)

and the last verse of chapter 4:
Do not turn to the right or the left; Remove your foot from evil.
(Be careful litte hands what you do.)

I was just blown away at the coolness of our God to give me the exact words I needed to explain this to them today. The kids were pretty amazed too.




2 comments:

Thank you for coming and reading, I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...