Thursday, February 17, 2011

Verses to live by for the Homeschool Mom (aka Me)

Yes, these verses are actually for me, but maybe just maybe in sharing them they will benefit someone else too.


I can do all things though Christ which strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

When the Lord leads I can do all things, even raise and educate 4 children while trying to keep a house in order. Because I'm not alone, there's a never ending supply of strength to draw from, I just need to go there. I am always praying that I would remember the Lord's capabilities.



Behold the Lord God will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule with him: behold, his reward is with Him, and his work before him. Isaiah 40:10

He shall feed the flock like a shepherd, he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young. Isaiah 40:11

I love the contrast of these two verses. The first says the Lord is coming with strength, his reward is with him and he has work too. The second assures us of his gentleness and patience, his ability to provide (feed his flock). When looking at his nurturing side to gently lead me with all these young, to feed us, to gather us. I don't have to doubt of his direction for us or in his ability because we know of his strength.
Lord Jesus, You have a direction and a work for this family, lead us with your strong arm, but gently, we are weak and sometimes need to be carried. 



Let Your work appear to your servants, and your glory to their children. And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands. Psalm 90:16-17

Ah, I love this verse, I have made it our prayer many times. That God would show us the work he has for us, and that His glory would be on our children. The beauty of the Lord Jesus, would be upon this whole family, asking him to establish everything we do, being established in Him. That we would hear and apply these things in our hearts.

1 comment:

Thank you for coming and reading, I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...