Saturday, April 2, 2011

My Tweaked Out Shephards Pie

What I did:
 
oven 350

I bought a big package of stew beef (because I couldn't find beef tips nor, do I know the difference)
heated olive oil in cast iron skillet with 4 cloves of crushed garlic
browned the beef with a sprinkle of montreal steak seasoning
When all browned there was quite a bit of juice in the pan,
I then added 1 cup of cold water w/ about 1/3 c flour mixed in thoroughly and 2 beef bullions
added approx 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
cook on low just long enough for everything to mix together, beef probably got to med rare
then turn off heat, set aside

the taters-
probably about 7 med potatoes peeled, cut, boiled, and drained
I mixed in 3/4 package cream cheese
dash of milk
sprinkle of salt

I put a light layer of slightly steamed fresh green beans on the beef
topped with the potatoes
sprinkle of paprika
and a sprinkle of cheddar

put the whole skillet in the oven and cooked till bubbly prob 15-20 min

(below is the original recipe if you want to make it that way)


 
 

The recipe from the cook book:
2 (17oz) pkgs fully cooked beef tips w/ gravy
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup frozen sweet peas

1 24 oz pkg refrigerated mashed potatoes
1/2 pkg cream cheese
1 Tbs butter
1 tsp garlic powder
1 cup shredded cheddar

oven 350
follow package directions for beef
spoon into a a lightly greased baking dish
top with veggies and set aside
cook potatoes mix in all the other stuff and spread them over the beef
then sprinkle on the cheese

bake uncovered 15 mins till thoroughly heated

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for coming and reading, I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...