Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Confessions from a Homeschool Mom

Throughout the days of being home, I go through phases.

Days where my priorities are on the kids, sacrificing what I want to do or think that needs to be done to spend time with them. The house may be shabby, meals may not be on time.

Other days The kitchen sink may be empty and clean but, my toddler is crying at my feet.

Still other days it seems as though everything works out, school done, chores done, happy kids, happy husband.

Sometimes I go by feelings and not by faith.
I get discouraged at even being home and don't think I'm accomplishing anything at all...
Even though everything seems to be humming along okay.

Sometimes I'm discouraged, hard hearted, losing sight of my goals,
Thinking, that all I've done is converse with little people all day,
Wondering, is all this staying home business really accomplishing anything?

And The Lord whispers in my ear, "I don't measure success the way you do."

And He turns me into mush once again....






3 comments:

  1. Oh, my word, lady-- you just made me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle with maintaining faith that if I've laid my plans at His feet and asked Him to lead us to accomplish His will, that indeed, He is doing just that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautifully said. Thanks for speaking so honestly. It's encouraging for me to hear your heart and see some of my own feelings shared.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming and reading, I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...