Saturday, October 22, 2011

He has Made Everything Beautiful in His Time


Beauty from ashes, Joy for mourning, The Spirit of God for the Spirit of heaviness.
Contrast is found throughout God's Word, being a double edgded sword.
These themes are found often in the Bible; peace in the midst of suffering, rest in labor, life in death.

The kids and I started some zinnia plants from seed in early spring, they had a very slow start. When it was time to put them in the ground, they were very small and pathetic. I had very little hope for them.
































It took them a long time, but when they finally decided to bloom for us, what a feast to the eyes they were! I was amazed by them, so bright and vivid  and huge. They grew as tall as my little Gracey and the blooms were as big as my hand. I drank in their color, in the late August early September days that I went to the garden.

I also forbade any child to pick even one, because I wanted the chance to save as many seeds as I could. I took these pictures the evening before our first frost. I was so glad I did.


 In the the early morning when I saw the frost I sadly knew they were destroyed. I saw from a distance they had died in full bloom. Those lovely Zinnias, we had enjoyed them so much. It saddened me to know that summer was over, a new season was upon us. But, when I took the time that morning to get a closer look, I knew God wanted me to see something in it. What I saw in this new perspective was even more amazing, The beauty I found in their death.


Truly truly I say to you, except a seed of wheat falls on the ground and dies it remains alone: but  if it dies, it brings forth much fruit. -John 12:24 


My first emotion was passed, it had bloomed into excitement because of the beauty I had found. God once again brought truth to me, alive and practical, through gardening.

It reminded me of the old hippy song I listened to by the Birds. Before I found truth and peace in Jesus, I didn't have a real understanding of the passage and definitely didn't know it was right out of the Bible. Its still hard to read with out truly thinking about what it is saying and singing the song in my head, but it applies...

          To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up
          that which planted; A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
          A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace,  and a time to refrain from embrace. A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.


   He hath made every thing beautiful in his time
I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor  any thing taken from it: and God doeth
it, that men should fear before him.  Ecclesiastes 3:1-8,11,14

The Lord brings us in and out of seasons. And when change comes often we, in ourselves,
are usually unwilling, tending to kick our feet, or be anxious,
not liking or wanting what is unknown and unplanned in our lives. 
God designed times and seasons and knows exactly what we need.
He never fails, His promises stand.

And we know that all things work together for good to those that love God,
to them who are the called  according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to usward, not willing that any should perish but all should come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9


Faith is like a radar which sees through the fog--the reality of things at a distance that the human eye cannot see. -- Corrie Ten Boom

My life is but a weaving, between my God and me,
I do not choose the colors, He worketh steadily,
Oftimes He weavth sorrow, and I in foolish pride,
Forget He's sees the upper, and I the underside,
Not till the loom is silent, and shuttles cease to fly,
Will God unroll the canvas, and explain the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful in the weavers skillful hand,
As the threads of gold and silver in the pattern He has planned.
--Anonymos


He wants to weave a beautiful pattern out of our lives, using everything.
Ask the Lord Jesus to show you the beauty in your ashes,
may we receive all that he wants for us.
   

3 comments:

  1. Blog hopped here via Kendra, and this post ministered to me SO much. Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you see beauty. Thanks for the reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear ladies!... believe it or not i'm just now seeing your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming and reading, I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...