Tuesday, May 1, 2012

some highlights of the last week

I started crocheting a little while ago, just making dishcloths and a couple of weeks ago I went on a mission trying to find a cloche hat pattern for myself (note the word myself). Well I found some great ones I used pinterest to gather my ideas. I was pleased when I finally finished. I had to take the thing apart at least three times, I even ended up improvising and changing brim.


I finished it on Friday, I put it on it was okay, but when I put in on Praise It was perfect.
Things always look better on her. I'm so glad she likes it.
Now I just get to make more and maybe there will be one for me someday.




Seamus and I made bagels on Saturday.



Our house only has a shower, Sean is a real trooper and will go in, but he doesn't like it.
So I set him up his own little tub the other day. It was so cute and picturesque.
I had to try to capture it.


This one is my favorite.

For two days we heard this yucky scratching noise from somewhere in the direction of our chimney. Whatever it was, it was big. Yesterday morning I figured that it might actually be coming from the chimney so I got brave and decided to open up the little chimney door. 
When I opened it saw that something big and dark was in there
I screamed and slammed the door again, like a little girl. 
My curiosity won out and I needed to find out what it was. So upon further investigation, I found a bird then discovered that it was a duck. A very frightened duck who, when released, ran/flapped about our house frantically...as the kids chased him of course.  
After all that excitement the whole idea of schooling was generally rejected. We decided to have a duck day, take care of the duck and clean the house. The house looked great the kids were happy And later I even saw them choosing to do some educational things on their time off.


We researched the duck last night and discovered it was a female wood duck. She was most likely looking for a place to nest, as the width of the chimney is almost exactly the size needed for nest boxes. We let her go and are now going to work on building some nesting boxes on our soon to be property...and get a cap for that chimney once we buy the place.


 I love the natural interruptions of homeschooling.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Aura your life is so beautiful and photogenic, you are talented at capturing the precious moments :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming and reading, I look forward to hearing from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...